1) Cosi's Hummus & Veggie sandwich: I used to go to Cosi's when I temped for a real estate company, but I hadn't been there in years. This past summer, I was a "guide" for a Tribune intern and I took him to lunch at Cosi's. It made me remember how much I loved their bread. I got the sandwich and since then got it a few more times.
2) Tayari Jones' "Silver Sparrow": Check out my review on the Trib's site here.
3) Olive Garden salad dressing: Seriously, I like eating salad but the salad dressing they use is better than any I've ever tasted. While dining with my mother, I found out this past weekend that they sell it. Looks like they'll have two regular customers!
5) Taylor Lautner doing action scenes in "Abduction": I wasn't crazy about the film. It was OK. But every single action scene he had in the film was impressive.
6) Taylor Lautner with facial hair: I saw him on "Conan" last night, and I like his peach fuzz. It looks nice on him and makes him look slightly older. It also makes me feel less like a Cougar for thinking that man is a cutie pie!
7) Kevin Hart on "Conan" and "Jay Leno": He falls out laughing at his own jokes. Like Jay said, he's his best audience, but the guy is funny. I like seeing his live interviews. There's a guaranteed laugh every time.
8) Tocarra growling about a "greeeat" kiss on "The Ultimate Merger": Although I wanted Fresh Frank to win, I've got to admit that I enjoy watching Tocarra and Jason's silly side. Because she's funny, she makes him be goofy, and that "greeeeeat" growl she did after they kissed on the finale episode cracked me up. That's something I'd easily do.
9) Rice Thai Cafe and Sushi's California Rolls: I'm still boycotting Loving Hut after that horrific customer service experience and 50-minute wait for a damn appetizer. While waiting to go to the show at The New 400, I peeked into this restaurant next door. I'd been there before and didn't like the food, but I found out they have California Rolls and tried a second time (three years later). I loved them! I'm happy to find a new place when I want those rolls.
10) Giving my father a tour around the Trib: I can't remember if I've ever given my father a tour around a job I've had, but it was cool to show him around the Tribune Tower. I didn't get to introduce him to all the cool people I work with because some were on deadline, but it was great to see him and let him see me in my professional environment.
11) Organizing and updating the Trib's Breast Cancer page: It goes live on October 1st, and I had a fun time reading through people's real-life stories and learning more about the topic. I've only known one person who had breast cancer, and she's a survivor. (She was one of my grandmother's clients when my grandmother used to babysit.) I didn't know much about breast cancer before updating the page so it was a learning experience in addition to my enjoyment for web design. Click here to see the page.
12) Ian Somerhalder: Every single time I see him on "The Vampire Diaries," he's more gorgeous. Looks do nothing if you can't act though, and he's equally good at both. Well, close. Even when he does that bug-eyed thing and that half-smile, he's cuter. I enjoy the show, but for me, he makes the show, even though I'm usually more of a fan of werewolves. How ya doin', Michael? *wink*
13) "Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami": I never knew much about the Kardashians until a couple months ago. I can't remember how I ended up watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." I think it was on E! and I just didn't feel like getting up. Now I've watched that show and "Khloe & Lamar." I ran across this third show on Netflix and watched the first season. I was surprised by the Khloe-Terrence kiss, but it was an interesting show, although all the girls (minus Kim) manage to irritate me and Kourtney's voice bugs me. It's an addictive show though.
14) Reading about my brother saying camping was "awesome": The likelihood of my brother going camping is about as likely as Jay-Z selling Girl Scout cookies, but he actually went and I had to know how that went. He told me it was "awesome" even with the hard mattresses. I think it's cool that he went camping with his youngest son. Father-son moments are cute.
15) My new haircut: I can wrap it, comb it out and walk out the door. So far, it's even holding up to humidity and rain. Even if I let it grow out again, I will not wait this long to get my ends clipped again. I love the new hairstyle.